It’s the morning after a big storm and you run downstairs and realize your entire basement is covered in half a foot of water. The basement you just finished, you just installed that new carpet and put a TV and gaming console downstairs for the kids. Now what? Before this stressful day happens to you, give City Sewer Of Midland a call for basement waterproofing.
Say Goodbye to Your Michigan Basement
The first part of fixing a wet basement is figuring out why you have a wet basement. This is where we come in. We will investigate the possible causes of your soggy nightmare, and then fix the problem. Basement waterproofing can protect against many of a wet basement’s causes. A few common causes include:
- Condensation. This is caused when cold concrete walls hit warm air. The water vapor rapidly cools when it hits the cold concrete and turns to liquid water.
- Groundwater Runoff. Does your basement flood in the springtime, just after the snow has melted? That means that moving water is not properly diverted away from your basement.
- Groundwater Swelling. This is caused by the water table by your home hitting a higher than usual point after a big storm or after a snow melt.
Ways To Fight Moisture
Here are the most common ways that basement waterproofing act against moisture inside your home.
- By controlling and limiting the warm, humid air that enters your basement and sealing all vents from your dryer and downstairs bathroom. You can also use a dehumidifier and close your windows during hot and humid days.
- Creating a slope that diverts water away from your foundation, divert gutters from the basement as well. Also increasing the length of your gutters to shoot water even further from your foundation.
- Fortifying your foundation by fixing cracks and holes, waterproofing the walls in your basement and as a final bullet against a soggy basement, we can also install a drainage system.
Top notch service at very reasonable price. I called at 5:45 p.m. and Josh arrived at 6:15. He was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and efficient. I can't recommend them enough.Pamala F.
P.O. Box 2499
Midland, MI 48641
We Accept All Major Credit Cards, Insurance, Cash and Personal Checks